Rock and Roll Tribe

A Global Army of Veteran Rockers

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Dishonorable Mention:

Eagles

Views: 1019

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes my ears do seem to find Nickleback songs to definitely all sound almost the same and the same can be said for Matchbox 20. As for The Cure and B52s I never could stand either of them or see what anyone would appreciate in them yet many do. On the same note I love some of the hair metal stuff, loads of the Eagles songs and have every Pink Floyd album yet they dont appeal to everyone. Thankfully there is something for almost every musical palate out there.

Dave Matthews......nothing offensive about him, seems like an OK guy....with music that is as dull as anyone can be. Just don't understand the appeal.

The sameness of DM's songs is the major problem...

My boyfriend and I play a verbal version of Chicken in which we order things of a given category from most to least tolerable. When we play Fast Food Chicken, he always picks Subway as the worst and I always pick Taco Bell. When we play Terrible Band Chicken, he always picks REO Speedwagon or Foreigner and I pick Dave Matthews or ICP.  Pretty sure if either of us had heard enough Nickelback to judge, they would be in there somewhere.

REO Speedwagon or Nickelback are the musical equivalent of Subway - a bland attempt at universal appeal.  Dave Matthews and ICP are the musical equivalent of Taco Bell -  genre music gone wrong: Dave Matthews (jam band pablum) or ICP (detention-hall talent show hip-hop).

I agree with this assessment  more than a juggalo loves his Faygo soda pop!

You may add it but in the case of the first 3 mentioned, you'd be insane!

Given that, I suspect there's probably a few "big-hair" bands you hate that are awesome as well.

Let's see the list.

RSS

Latest Activity

Harry replied to Harry's discussion Top 10 Albums of 2014
"Peter Matthew Bauer  -  Liberation!"
yesterday
"Jesca Hoop -  Undress"
Friday
"Woman Hour  -  Conversations"
Thursday
"Army Navy  -  The Wilderness Inside"
Thursday
Stan Schwieger commented on Stan Schwieger's group Robin Trower
"The pickin's for Mr. Trower's live "unauthorized" recordings has increased lately.  I have picked up several fine recordings from the 70's when he still featured the great James Dewar. "
Jul 16
"Easton Stagger Phillips  -  Resolution Road"
Jul 14
"Ruined Fortune  -  Ruined Fortune"
Jul 14
Pat Jumpy posted a status
"●~*Get to Grand Victory, Sat., July 12, 7:30PM, 245 Grand St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn for LYRES, JAYVONS, AR-KAICS and Jumpy."
Jul 10
Pat Jumpy posted a blog post

LYRES / JAYVONS / AR-KAICS and Jumpy

●~*Cavestomp! Get to Grand Victory, Sat., July 12, 7:30PM, 245 Grand St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn for:LYRES Sporting a high-energy sound indebted to bands that we can only pretend we've heard of, few groups that play reeeal rock & roll have lasted this long, hit this hard or continue to make as much good music as L Y R E S. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpvN926UzWY…See More
Jul 10
Pat Jumpy posted photos
Jul 10
Stan Schwieger posted a status
"All of Sturgill Simpson's is available on his website, and is the best country stuff I have heard since Dwight Yoakum's debut."
Jul 9
Kurt Friend replied to shermo's discussion Revelation Of Oversight
"I listened to mostly Metal in my teens and the a lot of "alt" rock in my early 20's, so  I never really gave The Who much thought. Then one day I watched their performance at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970. Wow! I was…"
Jul 8

Issue #1 Is Here!

It's the Rock & Roll Tribe's Official Fanzine -
Sonic Reducer

Download Issue #1 now - you just might be in it!

Tribal Tweets

© 2014   Created by Jon Bard.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service