Rock and Roll Tribe

A Global Army of Veteran Rockers

There is a group of bands that I should just out and out love, but for whatever reason, they have never risen to the lofty heights.  Not that their stuff ain’t all that, because many time it is  It is not that I don’t like them, but they remain “just friends.”  
This is not an example of what I am talking about, but is pretty damn funny nonetheless. Apologies to insulting any Joyce fans on the Trib,

Views: 1281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I exist to boggle your mind, Harry.

Connecting two threads from this discussion-if I were to choose my Top 10 fave punk songs, The Sex Pistols and The Clash might not be represented, but The Replacements might be represented twice...pretty good since they are not considered a punk band.

Im not trying to be smart Thomas but I always thought they were and must confess even though I still havnt added them to my collection I have always meant to since most of the songs Ive heard of theirs have been great. They sure looked mighty punky on the front cover of "let it be'. So what are your top ten punk songs so I can you tube them? Maybe i will find I did like some of the original purveyors of punk.

The Replacements started as a punk band but after awhile they evolved to indie rock and then they got a bit conservative as they got older.  Shermo I think I'll take you up on making a list...one caveat, I'm no punk expert and my tastes lean towards catchy tunes.

While making a list of my fave punk songs, I came up with one for this discussion-Bad Brains. I just can't buy into HR's vocals.

This is an easy one for me. Jellyfish.

I have tried. I have seen them in concert. I have owned their albums (even the discs from the box set.) There is a perfection to their music that rubs me the wrong way.

Another one that shocks most people is Big Star. With The Posies as one of my top bands of all time, I keep trying, I really do. I don't have a solid explanation and I'm kind of glad I don't. Music either touches me or it doesn't and Big Star just doesn't get to me for some reason.  

RSS

Latest Activity

Theodore Knapinsky posted a blog post

A review of The Allman Brothers Band -One Way Out-

This is one of the finest books that I have read in a long time. This book is fascinating and doesn’t let up. Alan Paul’s well documented history warts and all on the Allman Brothers Band is a fascinating and reverting account told by not only the band members but by the people that have been a part of the band and their history…See More
Sunday
William James posted a discussion

An Evening with TERRY BOZZIO North American Tour 2014

For Immediate ReleaseDrum Legend Terry Bozzio Presents a Solo Musical Performance on World´s Largest Tuned Drum and Percussion Set on Forthcoming North American Tour!An Evening with TERRY BOZZIO North American Tour 2014Los Angeles, CA – Drum legend Terry Bozzio, known for his work with Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, UK and his critically acclaimed solo ventures, celebrates the 50th anniversary of his first drum lesson with “An Evening With Terry Bozzio” coast-to-coast North American tour! During the…See More
Sunday
Theodore Knapinsky posted a video

Magnum - On a Storyteller's Night album (8 songs LIVE!) 1985, London

WATCH THIS ALBUM PERFOMED IN 2005 at: http://youtu.be/UfBfX2mUAFU Also enjoy the LaserDisc of Wings of Heaven LIVE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9sr1vRLZ...
Apr 9
Keith Klingensmith posted a video

Andy Klingensmith - "No Control" (Official Video)

"No Control" is the second track and sole single from Andy Klingensmith's 2014 EP Bright Again, a six track mini-album meant to serve as a bridge between his...
Apr 8
Sherri Hansen is now a member of Rock and Roll Tribe
Apr 7
Theodore Knapinsky posted blog posts
Apr 6
Theodore Knapinsky updated their profile
Apr 5
Joe Willis is now a member of Rock and Roll Tribe
Apr 2
Harry replied to Harry's discussion Top 10 Albums of 2014
"Cloud Nothings  -  Here And Nowhere Else"
Apr 1
Theodore Knapinsky posted a blog post

Johnny Cash - The Sun Years -1954-1958

When the barriers that separated pop and country music began to crumble in the wake of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash was one the first young country artists to take a place in the pop charts. Ironically, as hillbilly music slicked itself up in search of a wider market. Johnny Cash, broke through with a sound that was so sparse and under -produced that it must have seemed anachronistic even to the more conservative elements of the Nashville establishments. Johnny Cash was born in the remote rural…See More
Apr 1
Pat Jumpy posted a status
"SAT., APR. 5, BANTER, 132 HAVERMEYER ST., WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN, NY > Jumpy invites Josh Styles to the dials!"
Mar 31
Pat Jumpy posted a photo
Mar 31

Issue #1 Is Here!

It's the Rock & Roll Tribe's Official Fanzine -
Sonic Reducer

Download Issue #1 now - you just might be in it!

© 2014   Created by Jon Bard.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service