Rock and Roll Tribe

A Global Army of Veteran Rockers

There is a group of bands that I should just out and out love, but for whatever reason, they have never risen to the lofty heights.  Not that their stuff ain’t all that, because many time it is  It is not that I don’t like them, but they remain “just friends.”  
This is not an example of what I am talking about, but is pretty damn funny nonetheless. Apologies to insulting any Joyce fans on the Trib,

Views: 1404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I exist to boggle your mind, Harry.

Connecting two threads from this discussion-if I were to choose my Top 10 fave punk songs, The Sex Pistols and The Clash might not be represented, but The Replacements might be represented twice...pretty good since they are not considered a punk band.

Im not trying to be smart Thomas but I always thought they were and must confess even though I still havnt added them to my collection I have always meant to since most of the songs Ive heard of theirs have been great. They sure looked mighty punky on the front cover of "let it be'. So what are your top ten punk songs so I can you tube them? Maybe i will find I did like some of the original purveyors of punk.

The Replacements started as a punk band but after awhile they evolved to indie rock and then they got a bit conservative as they got older.  Shermo I think I'll take you up on making a list...one caveat, I'm no punk expert and my tastes lean towards catchy tunes.

While making a list of my fave punk songs, I came up with one for this discussion-Bad Brains. I just can't buy into HR's vocals.

This is an easy one for me. Jellyfish.

I have tried. I have seen them in concert. I have owned their albums (even the discs from the box set.) There is a perfection to their music that rubs me the wrong way.

Another one that shocks most people is Big Star. With The Posies as one of my top bands of all time, I keep trying, I really do. I don't have a solid explanation and I'm kind of glad I don't. Music either touches me or it doesn't and Big Star just doesn't get to me for some reason.  

RSS

Latest Activity

Eve Langdon is now a member of Rock and Roll Tribe
5 hours ago
Harry replied to Harry's discussion Top 10 Albums of 2014
"Peter Matthew Bauer  -  Liberation!"
Monday
"Jesca Hoop -  Undress"
Friday
"Woman Hour  -  Conversations"
Jul 16
"Army Navy  -  The Wilderness Inside"
Jul 16
Stan Schwieger commented on Stan Schwieger's group Robin Trower
"The pickin's for Mr. Trower's live "unauthorized" recordings has increased lately.  I have picked up several fine recordings from the 70's when he still featured the great James Dewar. "
Jul 16
"Easton Stagger Phillips  -  Resolution Road"
Jul 14
"Ruined Fortune  -  Ruined Fortune"
Jul 14
Pat Jumpy posted a status
"●~*Get to Grand Victory, Sat., July 12, 7:30PM, 245 Grand St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn for LYRES, JAYVONS, AR-KAICS and Jumpy."
Jul 10
Pat Jumpy posted a blog post

LYRES / JAYVONS / AR-KAICS and Jumpy

●~*Cavestomp! Get to Grand Victory, Sat., July 12, 7:30PM, 245 Grand St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn for:LYRES Sporting a high-energy sound indebted to bands that we can only pretend we've heard of, few groups that play reeeal rock & roll have lasted this long, hit this hard or continue to make as much good music as L Y R E S. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpvN926UzWY…See More
Jul 10
Pat Jumpy posted photos
Jul 10
Stan Schwieger posted a status
"All of Sturgill Simpson's is available on his website, and is the best country stuff I have heard since Dwight Yoakum's debut."
Jul 9

Issue #1 Is Here!

It's the Rock & Roll Tribe's Official Fanzine -
Sonic Reducer

Download Issue #1 now - you just might be in it!

Tribal Tweets

© 2014   Created by Jon Bard.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service